Breaking News: The Australian Backpacker Tax has been ruled invalid! Learn more here

If you've got any questions that aren't answered here, or you'd like to talk to someone about your refund now, Chat Live online with our staff visa instant messenger.

How much does it cost?

Firstly our team will provide you with a free, no obligation estimate of your Australian tax refundYou can get this online instantly through our Australian tax calculator. Alternatively, once you’ve sent us your documents and signed forms we'll evaluate your refund and let you know how much it will cost to file your return for you.

Australian Residents for tax purposes: If your refund is less than AU$1,100, our fee is AU$99 + handling fee. For refunds higher than that, our minimum fee is 9% of your refund + handling fee.

Early Assessment: If you have already left Australia and want us to apply for your refund before the tax year ends, there are no extra charges for this service. Our fees remain the same as those stated above.

For non residents' refunds and refunds under AU$150 the fee is AU$87 + handling fee.

New service ABN cancellation fee of AUD50

Why the minimum fee?

Our minimum fee is there to cover the different elements of our service that we provide to make things easy for you including the following:

  1. Customer support 24/7 by phone and live chat
  2. Online tracking service
  3. Free phone and free fax
  4. Tax techniciansResearchers to identify new legal developments to maximise your refunds
  5. Quality team

I applied for an income tax refund before but I wasn't happy with how much I got - can I apply again?

Yes. If you filed an Australian tax return in the last two years with another company or on your own and you're not satisfied with what you got back or you were told you weren't owed a refund, can look into this for you.

Many people do not claim back all the tax they are owed. We can assess for free whether you are owed a bigger tax refund than you received. If you are owed additional tax back and wish to apply for it, we can file an amended Australian tax return for you.

Can I get a Superannuation Refund?

Superannuation is the compulsory pension scheme in Australia. Even if you're in the country on a working holiday visa, if you earn more than AU$450 per month, your employer is obliged by law to contribute a value equivalent to 9.5% of your wages into a superannuation fund nominated by you. can organise your superannuation refund once you leave the country permanently and your visa expires. For more info on super refunds, click here.

How does the service work?

Claiming your Australian tax back with us is a fast and easy. Here's how the process works:

  • Register online and sign the forms electronically (no printing)

Once we receive your signed forms we'll estimate your refund and give you an online tracking account. If you're missing any documents we can get replacements for you.

We then prepare and file your Australian tax return. As soon as we receive your tax refund from the Australian tax office, we contact you to organise the fastest way to get it to you.

How do I know if I'm a resident or non-resident for tax purposes?

The issue of residency in Australia can be complicated when it comes to getting backpackers’ tax back and it’s important to get your residency status correct when you are filing for your Australian tax refund.

In general, regardless of your visa type (e.g. Working Holiday Maker visa, student visa, 457 Sponsorship visa etc.), you can be deemed a resident for tax purposes in Oz if you can show that you have been living and working in the same location for a period of more than 6 months (183 days to be exact!).

Instead of providing you with a long, technical list of tax residency rules, which will probably send you to sleep, why not just leave it to the tax experts – we’ll ask you the questions we need, so we can figure out your residency status for you. That’s why we include a handy, short residency questionnaire in our taxpack so that the correct residency designation is assigned to your application.

Use our free online tax refund calculator, to see how much tax you could get back.

Residency status

Your residency status for tax purposes is important because it helps determine your liability to pay Australian income tax.

If you're an Australian resident for tax purposes, you:

  • are entitled to the tax-free threshold
  • can claim tax offsets
  • generally have lower tax rates than a foreign resident.

Generally, you can be considered a resident for tax purposes if you stayed for more than 183 in Australia and showed a residential behaviour. Based on your answers to our residency questionnaire we will be able to evaluate your tax residency status.