If you're working in Australia as an oil, gas or mining worker you are obliged to file an annual Australian tax return. By filing a tax return you’ll also be able to apply for a tax refund.
At taxback.com we can:
- File your Australian tax return
- Minimise your tax liability
- Maximise your tax refund
- Ensure you avail of all applicable tax relief and inductions
- Claim back work expenses on your behalf
- Check if you are eligible to claim “Zone Tax Offset”
- Make sure that you are tax compliant in all locations you’ve worked in
- Apply for a superannuation refund once you leave Australia
Zone Tax Offset
The Zone Tax Offset is a tax concession that was introduced by the Australian Tax Office for people who live and work in remote areas of Australia. To qualify you must have lived or worked in a remote area (not necessarily continuously) for 183 days in the same financial year or continuously within two financial years.